around the houseShow most recent or highest rated first.
I used to think that if you left a vaccume cleaner switched on when it was standing upright it would eventually suck through the floor and continue down through the earth.
I asked my mum about this once and she told me it was true!
I used to be afraud to pull sn electric pluc because I thought my whole family would be sucked into the outlet.
When I was about age 4 to age 9, my parents kept a piggy bank in the livingroom. The piggy bank was about 2 feet tall and was actually a big frog with big googly eyes. I used to have nightmares about the frog chasing me, so when i used to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I would never look into the living room. I believed that frog was out to get me!
When I was young I thought when you got electrocuted you will get some kind of poison.So when I got electrocuted I drank lots of water to wash the poison off.
When I was about 4 we had an older refridgerator that made a funny squeaking sound when the motor ran. My mom told me it was the mice on the exercise wheel that made the fridge run. I believed her for years.
My mother would tell me when I was young, that if I didn't take my galoshes off at the door and wore them inside the house I would go blind.
At night, my mom would roll up a towel and put it infront of the door. She said it was to keep the 'draft' out, but for the longest time I could not understand how a 'giraffe' could fit under the door!
When I was about four years old, I had a morbid fear of the electrical outlets. I believed that they skittered around on the walls like cockroaches after the lights went out, and if they got too close they would try to tie up unsuspecting people in their electrical cords.
I had two twin beds in my room and until I was 6, I refused to sleep in the one closest to the wall, because I knew if a car came slamming through the wall, it would hit that bed first and I'd be safe. Never mind that my room was in the middle of the house on the second story.
i believed that a little man in the fridge turned the light off and on when you shut and opened the door. I was always trying to open the door quick enough to see if i could catch him at it...never did catch that rascal.
When I was little I used to spend lots of time with my dad since my mom worked and he didn't. Usually that meant that i was in the garage a lot and dad was always hammering something. Until I was about 8 I thought that hammers were called dammits because that's what he usually said when he was using one.
When I was about 5 or 6, I was always afraid of having too much balloons in the house or the car. I thought that if there was too much balloons, the car or house would float into space and carry us with it.
I had a dark red carpet in my room, and for some reason only after I'd gotten into bed, it would become shark infested. They would have eaten me, but for my cunning plan of placing books on the floor so I didn't have to stand in the water. My mum thought it was funny so never corrected me, just giving me more books by my bed so I didn't have to jump as far and possibly land in the water. Mean people
I used to think that "wall-to-wall" carpeting meant that the entire room had carpet on it, including all the walls.
I used to believe that the spaghetti packages in the kitchen cuboard used to multiply every month or so. i never figured that my mom buys groceries and puts the spaghetti in the cupboard.
WHEN I WAS 3 I THAUGHT MY OVEN ATE MY MOM EVERY TIME SHE LEFT THE HOUSE!!!!!BUT EVENTUALLY I GREW OUT OF IT BECAUSE THE OVEN WASNT ALWAYS OPEN
I used to believe that "elbow grease" was a tough kind of grease that you smeared on your elbow to get tough stains out.
when i was 4 or 5 there was this spinning cabnet in our kitchen...and i used to think fraggles lived in the part of the cabnet i couldnt see. so when nobody was around i would talk to them hoping they would talk to me because fraggle rock was my favorite show.
When I noticed that the plugs on electrical appliances are often marked “Fused”, I thought that meant that they had blown a fuse.
I have no idea where she got this, but my little sister (who's four) took it into her head that umbrellas were really called rain-a-bellas. Now everyone in my family uses that word instead of boring old "umbrellas".