being illShow most recent or highest rated first.
I used to believe people with leprosy were really lucky, as it meant that they could feel no pain and would therefore be invincible.
This wasn't me, it was my cousin, who is the same age as me. We were both 7 at the time
She came to visit one summer, and towards the end of the 3 week visit, we were pretty sick of each other. We got into a scuffle and I punched her in the boob. She cried and wailed, not because it hurt, but because it gave her breast cancer, and now she would surely die.
When I was a child, I always believed that if I got a cut or wound, pieces of the food I ate from the most recent meal would come leaking out. So I was always extra careful.
When I was little and I laid on my mother's bed with the thermometer in my tushy, I used to picture little men inside me pushing the mercury up according to how much temperature I had.
I had a friend who when he was younger believed you died one bodypart at a time. Once everything died then that was it. He had bad headaches as a child and would cry to his Mom "My head is dying my head is dying" he was terrified to find out which bodypart would be the next to go.
When I was a bit younger, until my freshman year of high school, I always had a runny nose in the morning that would stop around noon.
Not knowing any better, I called this condition "morning sickness".
I corrected myself when I looked up "cures for morning sickness" in my mother's "Doctor's Home Remedies".
I didn't have morning sickness, I learned that much.
I used to believe that if I got a concussion, I would die. I also
thought that whenever you hit your head, you would get a concussion. Once I hit my head. You can imagine how upset I was...
When I was little my grandma told me that I shouldn't play with needles (she used to sew a lot) she told me that if a needle fell in the floor and I stepped on it that the needle would get into my blood stream and the blood stream would go so fast that I would never have the chance to pull it out in time. She also said that the needle would travel through my bloodstream and get into my heart, make a hole on it and I would die in matter of minutes. I am still paranoid about this. I don't think I would ever like to prove my grandma wrong.
When I was little I loved to run arround barefoot in my grandma's back yard. At some point me and my cousin got worms in our intestines. My grandma told me that we got the worms by walking barefoot in the ground. She said that the worms would get inside of you through the pores on your feet. To this day I don't walk barefoot in the ground and I can't touch an earth worm.
My grandma was always warning me about the horrors of ingrown toenails. I thought she meant a toenail that would travel up your leg and twist around the inside of your body.
When I was about 5 I had to have my appendix removed. The day it happened I was really sick with what I thought was a stomach ache for most of the day. Now normally, at breakfast, my mom would make me chocolate milk. But for some reason that day my dad had made it and he'd put too much syrup in it. For years I thought it was his fault that I had gotten so sick!
my mom told me that if i stayed up late i would get mono...i believed this until my friends set me straight in college.
When I was three or four, I was playing at my cousins house when I got a nosebleed. I think we must have had hot dogs with ketchup for lunch earlier that day, because I was so confused why all of this ketchup was coming out of my nose. It didn't hurt, so I didn't understand that I was bleeding. When my aunt tried to explain to me what a nosebleed was, I didn't believe her, I was convinced it was ketchup and kept arguing with her.
When I was a young girl, around 3 or 4, I told my mother I had a stomach ache, and my mother told me because I had a monster in my stomach, so I would always imagine a little tiny monster inside my tummy when I had a belly ache. I'll never forget that. =)
My brother once told me that everyone has to break atleast one bone in his/her life. I eventually asked my mom and got the clear idea that thats not really true.
im the youngest in my family and i didnt know anything really about sex and stuff and my family told me u can get aids if you have and ich and dont scrach it so i would make sure eveyone was scraching even myself
Ok, when I was 6 or 7 my Uncle got lung cancer. I remember coming into the kitchen and seeing my mum upset, and she told me that he had cancer on his lungs. At least I assume that's what she said, I now know that's what he had, but at the time I must have misheard, aside from the fact that I didn't know what cancer was, because I vividly recall having a mental image of a pair of lungs with ANTS crawling all over them! I was horrified at the thought of such a disease!!!
When i was little i overheard my grandmother and aunt talking about solutions for yeast infections so when i heard that i overthought what the word yeast ment and i thought i immeadeately thought that a yeast infection was when you ate too much yeast and had to swim in a yeast bath to cure it.
When my daughter was small she developed tonsillitis but she told everyone she had "tongues and lighters"
From the first time i had learned about cancer to about 7 I thought that you had cancer if you lost hair. One day i was taking a shower and i noticed alot of hair came out when i brushed my hair. I started noticing it more and more until one day i came out crying saying i had cancer. My parents laughed at me and told me that it wasn't true lol