chewing gumShow most recent or highest rated first. Common beliefs in this section include:
My mom told me that gum couldn't be digested, so you shouldn't swallow it.
I thought this meant that is I swallowed my gum is would just sit at the bottom of my stomach for the rest of my life.
So every time I chewed gum and did swallow it, I imagined that that chunk went down and added itself to the pile of undigested gum.
When i was like 6 or 7, i had a cousin that was 3 years older that me. She ALWAYS swallowed her gum, and of course, i wanted to be JUSt like her. she told me not to because you would explode and the doctors would have to take out your belly so you couldnt eat any more. i loved sandwiches and still wanted to eat them so i stopped swallowing gum. 6 Months later she had surgery and they removed this thing bc she swallowed TOO MUCH GUM!she took it in a jar and told me she couldnt eat anymore so i started crying cuz i felt bad. heehee...hipacrit!
i used to believe that if u swallowed gum it would stay inside of u for about ten years then eventually u would digest it. i dont rememberhow old i was...maybe about 8 or so. heh.
My Da always told me that if you swallowed gum, it would end up in your appendix because thats what they were for. I ALWAYS spit out my gum when he said that!!
When I was a kid I used to chew gum all the time. My mum used to tell me that if you swallowed it, it would get wrapped around your ribs and get stuck in your chest. Quite a troubling image and i still get nervous if i cough with gum in my mouth
i ued to belive when i was 5, that is u swallowed to much chewing gum, u would turn in to a giant buble and float away to hevan!
Once, I believed that it took 7 years to digest a swallowed piece of gum. I have no idea where I got THAT from.
Hey, I rhymed. =)
I used to believe that if you swallowed your gum that you would crumble up and smell like a dead animal !!!!
i used to beleive that if you chewed gum it woul give you warts in your mouth my sister told me this
one day i was chewwing gum before i went to bed and i almost ended up falling asleep so my dad came in and said hey i wouldnt chew that gum when you are slepping i asked why and he said that a little boy went to sleep and the gum grew and ate him. So ever since i never chewed gum at night.
My dad once told me that if everyone threw their gum out of their car windows, the city wouldn't have to fill all the pot holes. I was 12 before I realized he was joking. Unfortunately, I throw like a girl (because I am) and hit the car next to us instead of the street. That took some 'splanin.
When I was about 8, my mom joked to me that if you swallowed chewing gum it'd gum up your guts.
I spent weeks terrified of swallowing chewing gum and that I'd die. One day I fell of my bike and swallowed some by accident. I ran back home, crying like crazy. My mom asked me what was wrong, and started laughing when I explained that it wasn't the fall, but the "chewing gum thing". They still rib me about that.
My grandmother used to tell my mother not to swallow her gum. She said that the body couldn't digest the gum and that it would just stick to her colon for her whole life. My mom says that she used to picture this tube covered in gum and worried that it would get clogged.
My grandmother would tell us that if we chew, chewing gum at night we actually chew the bones of the dead. Until today I have a bad feeling when I pop a chewing gum at night
My friends told me in junior school that if I chewed gum and swallowed it that it would give me appendicitis!....Guess what I did and it didn't!!
When I was little, I sometimes swallowed the chewing gum accidentally. When I told my mother about this, she said my intestine would be stuck into a mess. What my mother said often made me worried for a few days.
when i was a little wee girl, i always used to swallow my gun instead of spiting it out. well one horrible day, my mom told me that if u swallow your gum one more time, it will not digest in my stomach. i rubbed my stomach and i just started to cry. then i thought of myself in 17 years and i imagened my self as a big bellied girl who no one talked to. because i swalloed so much gum. it made me so sad.
Once when my mom was at the dentist and there was this guy with HORIBLE teeth, and he was sitting next to me when i was chewing my gum, and he told me that gum was made from a cats toung, and i believed and spit it out right that second, and when we were leaving i told my mom what he had said and she said it was true, i was devestated! lol
my next door neighbour told me that if i swallowed my chewing gum i would blow bubbles out of my bum...that was right after id swallowed the gum!
As a child I would swallow my bubble gum when I was through chewing it. I didn't see the harm in it until my Grandmother caught me one day. She began to explain that if I were to swallow my gum that watermelons could possibly grow in my stomach. That was the last time I ever swallowed gum again. And, no, I never did grow any watermelons.