If you swallow chewing gum you will dieThis section contains beliefs all on a common theme: If you swallow chewing gum you will die. Show most recent or highest rated first or go back to chewing gum.
when i was younger my mum told me that if i swallowed chewing gum it wud wrap around my heart and kill me, one day at school i accidently swallowed some and i had 4 of my friends tipping me upside down and shaking me to try get it out!!!
I believed that swallowing chewing gum could kill you, because it could stick to the sides of your windpipe and form an airtight layer in your throat and choke you. It never occured to me that it actually went down the other pipe. I used to wonder why everyone in high school swallowed it and NO ONE DIED. I couldn't believe that they would take such a big risk as to not get caught chewing. I believed this for my entire life, until five minutes ago when this website proved me wrong. I am fifteen.
My dad didn't like me chewing gum when I was little because I'd always swallow it. He told me that its against the law to swallow gum until you're 16 because you'd die. And being the smart child I was, I educated everyone I saw chewing gum about the matter.
my grandma once told me that if i swallowed my chewing gum it would rap around my heart and kill me. and wehn i was about 11 my teacher caught me chewing gum and told me to swallow it, i started crying and my friends have nenver stopped going on about it! :-)
I used to believe that chewing gum was lethal. When I was a kid, my mom always used to tell my older sister not to give me chewing gum because I might swallow it and die (choke on it). So when anyone did give me chewing gum on the sly, I was always paranoid about swallowing my spit as I thought that the gum created some sort of poisonous juices in my mouth that would kill me.
My primary school headmaster told me that if I swallowed chewing gum, it would stick over the flap on my lungs and I would die because I couldn't breath. I didn't eat chewing gum for years after that.
I was told not to swallow chewing gum as it would get wrapped around my heart and kill me ... so I swallowed it deliberately!
When I was very young, my Dad told me that my lungs were two sacks (I imagined hessian sacks in a dusty old room) and my digestive system was a series of cogs and wheels. I swallowed chewing gum once and Dad said if I do that it gets tangled in my cogs and they stop turning. This of course scared the living daylights out of me, thinking I could die through swallowing gum! I can still picture the sacks and the cogs. And I never swallowed gum again!
At around 6, I used to believe that you'd die if you swallowed gum. And then I swallowed some... Wrote a will and put it under my pillow that night. Was well chuffed the next morning :)
I'm sure everyone feels the same but when i was a kid, i always felt that if you swallowed the chewing gum then you would die because it clog up all your insides. Up to a few years a ago i honestly was scared of a wrigleys wrapper.
I was told that if I keep swallowing my gum the gum will wrap around my belly button and I will die. So far as an adult I have not swallowed any gum and I am still living. Maybe I will try that on my son.
One day, I was chewing gum, (I love to do that, especially mint-flavored) and I swallowed it. I went to my Mom and told her that. She said that I shouldn't do that, so I started to believe when I was little that if you chewed gum and swallowed, it would clog up and stop you from breathing. I only stopped this belief lately, when I took my 5th grade SAT and swallowed gum all through the week.
When I was younger I would always chew my gum and swallow it. My aunt told me that there was this thing in my throat and when I swallowed my gum it would get stuck there. She also sayed that it stayed there for 7 years. I really thought that every time i swallowed gum it was there for 7 years and it just kept building up and i would die cause all my food would not go down my throat.
When i was about 5 i used to believe that if you swallowed chewing gum, it would get stuck in your stomach and you would die. One day i accidentally swallowed a piece when i was at my friends house, and ran all the way home screaming i dont want to die. when i got home my mum told me that 1 piece would not kill me, and reminded me how often my sister swallowed gum.
When I was young my parents told me that i would die if i swallowed chewing gum. Then one day I accidentally swallowed some and I was convinced I was going to die. For hours I sat on my bed feeling sad and sccared and I didnt have the courage to tell them. I was amazed when I didnt die and then the penny dropped!
When I was younger I had a terrible habit of swallowing my gum. one day my mom said that when you swallow gum it just stays in your stomach and that eventually you'd get very sick and couldn't poop anymore. to this day I never swallow my gum!
Re: Swallowing gum. My Mum just said that it stuck your insides together and then you'd die because you couldn't eat anymore.
Someone I knew used to believe that if you swallowed gum it would make a bubble and block food from going into your stomach, thus killing you. Much to my relief, I had discovered eventually that for swallowing gum to be bad for you, you would have to swallow about 7 pieces a day for about a month. I was a weird kid.
My Dad told me I'd choke to death if I swallowed bubble gum. Even today I panic for a second if I swallow some gum. Thanks Dad.
I thought when you chew gum and you swallot it you would choke and die o_o