dangerous foodShow most recent or highest rated first.
my cousin told me that if you ate cherries and drank milk, it would poison you and you could die. Naturally, I had to try it...
I use to really like pickles and my sister tricked me a few times telling me that jalepeno peppers were pickles. I would run around and cry after I ate them and her and her friend would laugh at me!
I used to believe that if you ate the hard part of the popcore popcorn would grw inside you and you would pop until you exploded.
I used to believe that Big Macs were a strictly "male" food, and if a woman were to eat one, then the first time, she'd turn into a gigantic, obese, cursing "butch lady" with a cigarette permanently attached to her lips (like the Phone Sex lady on Beavis and Butt-Head, lol), and the second time she ate a Big Mac, she'd turn into a man altogether. Also, I believed that it was against the law for children to eat the "adult" meals at McDonald's, and vice versa--except for teenagers, who were so "old" that they were practically grown-ups anyway, at least in my young mind. ;)
I used to believe that dents in apples were worm holes. If there was only one hole, that meant the worm was still inside and you couldnt eat it.
My bestfriend's grandma tells us that if we eat too much bread, it will soak up our blood. We're 23 & she has alzheimer... Also, every sunday she buys two loafs of bread from the bakery.
my brother 5 belives that chiken skin makes you hairy.
I used to believe that people were trying to poison me. I almost stopped eating and drinking entirely until my Dad threatened putting me through another surgery if I didn't start eating.
When I was little I used to eat huge amounts of ketchup by itself all the time. Then my uncle told me I would get brain damage if I kept it up. I waited for years for the onset of the brain damage before I figured I was ok.
My mother always said that she thought that "turkey tetrazini" sounded like a disease. That might be one reason why I've never tasted that dish.
When I was little whenever someone would suggest going to "Steak and Shake" my dad would always say "Nah I think we should go to "Snake and Quake" and I would beg him not to mak us go in fear of having to eat a snake.
Once I was picking at a kiwi and my aunt told me to back away before it ate me. I believed this until I was 14.
if you eat lucky charms, "Lucky, the elf" will come to you bed at night to cut you open so he can have his lucky charms back. my older brother told me this one.
When I was in kindergarten, I was "going out" with a boy on my street. We introduced my older sister to his older brother and they started going out. One day when we were playing together, we mixed up a potion that we were convinced would shrink us to the size of legos. We talked all the time about what we would do when we were shrunk, where we would live, what we would eat, how we would swim at the pool and so on. We didn't want to take the potion till we had planned it all out and built our teeny lego houses and cars and things. Before we got to take it, our boyfriends' mom found our concoction in her fridge and threw it away. When I think back now I'm sure that the potion we made would have killed us. I can't remember everything we put in it, but I do remember that windex was one of the ingredients.
i used to think that you used pepper spray to cook
When I was little, my grandpa would always tell me to be careful of eating bananas because they had bones. For the longest time, I would make my dad peel and cut up my bananas before I would eat them to make sure there were no bones for me to swallow.
When I was a child I was warned never to drink hot drinks through a straw. The warning seemed so dire that I thought the straw somehow turned hot drinks into poison and if I drank them that way I would die.
when i was about four years old someone told me if you eat to many green vegtables you would turn green and die.so i went downstairs and put all the green veg in the bin.
I used to think that if someone ate ice cream with braces, their teeth would freeze.
When I was little and I would help my Mom bake cookies I used eat the raw dough. My Mom started telling me that if I ate alot of raw cookie dough I would get worms so I would start asking her each time I took a bite if it was small enough so I wouldn't get worms.