dangerous foodShow most recent or highest rated first.
page 11 of 29
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
When I was a child I was warned never to drink hot drinks through a straw. The warning seemed so dire that I thought the straw somehow turned hot drinks into poison and if I drank them that way I would die.
when i was about four years old someone told me if you eat to many green vegtables you would turn green and die.so i went downstairs and put all the green veg in the bin.
I used to think that if someone ate ice cream with braces, their teeth would freeze.
When I was little and I would help my Mom bake cookies I used eat the raw dough. My Mom started telling me that if I ate alot of raw cookie dough I would get worms so I would start asking her each time I took a bite if it was small enough so I wouldn't get worms.
Mom used to tell me that if I put too much vinegar on my french fries, I'd eventually suffer from a blood shortage
When my cousin was three he brought two glasses into the living room and said "Mommy, here's some lemonade for you." Such a thoughtful little boy. They both had to go to the hospital and have their stomachs pumped; he had made the drinks from a toxic cleaning product, believing it to be lemonade mix--and having learned that "it's nice to share." Fortunately both mother and son survived and the young mad chemist was not arrested.
I use to be afraid of turkey bones because I tought that they would come in the middle of the night and take your skin, I had this fear for many years and still get a bit shivery around turkey bones, I'm currently 12 XP
After watching the "Blob" I was convinced that if I slept with no part of my body hanging out of my bed, the Blob could not get me. I also developed a fear of Jello and jellys. Especially the "jell" that came out canned ham.
I used to believe that a can of Chef Boyardee was poisonous until you heated it up. Im still afraid to eat it cold!
When i was younger I was addicted to pistachio's(i still am)So to stop me from eating so many my mom said my butt crack would close and then id explode .So i began crying and every few minutes i went to the washrom and wiped my bum to see if i had my butcrack.I figured out the my butcrack was'nt going anywhere a year ago(Im 12)
I was(am) deranged
When The start of Daylight Saving Time in the USA was changed for late April to early April, I thought I had a guess as to why, or at least as to what made it a good idea. I had heard my aunt and some others taalking of a saying that oysters are safe to eat in months whose names contain the letter "R", but not in months containing no "R". That apparently is a real saying. But my aunt went on to tell me that once she had eaten some oysters at what she thought was about 11:30 PM on April 30. Then she made a horrific discovery that she'd forgotten to reset her watch to Daylight Saving Time, so she actually ate those oysters around 12:30 AM on May 1. She said she got really sick from eating those oysters. So I thought that changing the time change to early April was good for that reason, for that way hardly anybody could have failed to reset their watches by May 1. (Later my aunt told me that her story about getting sick from eating oysters that time was a joke, and that she's never really gotten sick from eating oysters, although the saying might have some rough validity.)
I used to believe that eating raw cookie dough would give me worms. I never ate raw chocolte chip cookie dough till I was an adult.
When I was younger, I was told that the black hairlike bits in the end of the banana were poisonous, so, since then, I have always made sure to break off the last inch or so of the banana before I ate it. Even today I cannot eat a whole banana, end to end!
I still wont eat mushrooms cause I thought they were all poisonois like the ones growing in our yard, lol
When I was about 6 years old, I was eating a pop-ice (a cheap brand of popsicle) in front of my 18 year old brother. My brother proceeded to tell my Father (in front of me) a story about a kid in Tennessee who ate one of those pop-ices and drank a 20 ounce bottle of Pepsi and his stomach exploded.
I believed that story until about 5 years later.
Once in kindergarten we watched a lame brained tv show, and it was talking about berries, the guy said "There's all kinds of berries! Blueberries,blackberries,raspberries,boysenberries..." When he said "Boysenberries" I heard it as "Poison-Berries" like the kind in my backyard. I kept wondering who in the right mind would in poison berries.
When I was about five years old, I was in a store with my mother at the checkout aisle. She wanted to buy candy for my sister and I, and picked out a pack of gum that had a picture of a kid with the top of its head exploding. I told her I didn't want it, so she said she would give it to my sister, and I started crying and wouldn't let her give it to her, either. I didn't want my sister's head to explode!
I used to believe that if you inadvertently ate the bones of chicken or fish it would add extra bones to your skeletal structure.
I used to believe that the white part of a watermelon rind was very poisonous. The red could be eaten only so far and the white must be avoided. With a mother that would not allow food to be wasted, nibbling close to the white part, as required by her, was nerve wracking.
If I had something tasty to eat, my Dad always had to test it first, he said he had to check to see if it was poisoned before I ate it, and if he liked it he would carry on eating it and say it was poisoned so I was glad he was eating it and not me! now i know he just thought it was tasty!!!