dangerous foodShow most recent or highest rated first.
Once, when I was very young, I used to think that all poison was green and smelled putrid, like sewage, and that if you ate anything green, you would die. I was very afraid of anything green until my mother told me otherwise.
When I was younger I was absolutely sure that the Heimlich Maneuver was called teh Heimlich Remover. Hey, it makes sense!
As a child I was a huge fan of Soreen Malt Loaf. My Mum told me that if I had more than three buttered slices I would get a very bad stomach ache.
I only discovered the truth five years ago, and I'm thirty now! My Mum was just trying to stop me from eating the whole loaf in one go.
when i was little, my mom told me i could die if i inhaled pepper. it took me till i was 18 to realize that it was ridiculous
I used to believe that if you ate a grape upside down it would come out your nose.
I used to think that Cherry Jello salad was called Cherry Botulism because my mom once told me not to put the bowl in the fridge with the spoon or that's what would happen. I was in High School before anyone corrected me and I called it that ALL THE TIME.
My Granny said if I drank milk and ate fish at the same time, I would die.
when i was little, my mom told me that if i drank pickle juice, my face would get stuck in that sour position. because of that, she said i wouldn't be able to eat, drink, or breathe. needless to say, i was scared to death of anything sour until i was around 12 or 13.
I used to believe that whenever you ate hot spicy food and your mouth burned it was because your taste buds were being killed! You're eyes watered automatically because your brain was sad about the death of so many at once; and they'd never grow back.
If you ate enough spicy or hot food you'd kill all the ones in your mouth and never be able to taste anything; when I grew up, everything would be bland! I won't even tell you when I learned the lie of this... but I still moderate how much tabasco sauce and chili peppers I consume. Paybacks are hell, mister!
My grandmother always told me when I was younger that if I drank milk when I ate fish, it would kill me. The first time I attempted to do so was with a tuna fish sandwich and I was very fearful of drinking the milk.
The color , texture , and scent of canned peas were awful to me and I believed that eating them too many times would turn you into a poisonous ,sad fish . I was miserable because my mom always made me eat them and I thought I was slowly changing , but the only thing saving me was the antidote which were fresh corn and carrots.
When I was little and I heard my mom say "Im going to buy some boysenberrys" I always said "No dont buy poison berrys!!!!"
I used to believe, at the bottom of a banana is where spiders would lay their eggs! and if you ate the end bit they'd be alive in your stomach...
actually, i still think its true :S
I used to belive that if you drank soda pop and ate pop rocks at the same time, your head would blow up.
When I was a little kid, I would never eat the wrinkled ends of a hotdog because I thought they were poisonous. I suppose it was just because they're sort of ugly looking...?
Anyway, grew out of that one.
An avid pickle lover, my aunt would tell me that I would eventually turn into a pickle if I kept eating so much. I not only believed her, but I even had nightmares about it.
My mom used to tell me if I swallowed a cherry pit a cherry tree would grow inside me.
i used to believe that gooseberries had teeth and that i had been bitten by one.
i was send to pick them in our garden when i was about 5 and looking back now i realise i must have been pricked by a thorn. i ran to the house to tell my mother what her agressive gooseberries had done to me and she declared that there was no way the gooseberry could have bitten me, because they don't have teeth.
i was sent back to the fruit beds to carry on picking but told to be careful of the thorns. i spent the rest of the afternoon in a fit of angry and and indignant rage, not because my finger had been pricked, but because my mother had so unjustly disbelieved that the gooseberry had bitten me.
It is well known that tarantulas live in the end of bananas. When you open up the banana you have to discard the first 1/2 inch and the last half inch for obvious reasons of safety and non-ingestion of tarantulas
I used to believe that drinking ordinary coffee would make you short. I once asked my Mon if I could taste her coffee. She asked me if I wanted to grow up big and tall. I nodded my agreement with her. She told me to look at her-she is very short only 5' tall-she drank lots of coffee. "Coffee stunts your growth, just look at me!" I wanted to be tall so I wouldn't go near coffee until I was over eighteen years old even though I had long since realized that drinking coffee does not stunt one's growth. To this day, I still will not drink coffee-incidentally I grew up to be 5'4" tall-no coffee drinking involved here. I think this was Mom's devious way of being immortal because I think of her and chuckle everytime some asks me if I want cup of coffee.