dangerous foodShow most recent or highest rated first.
My gran told me that if you drank vinegar your brains would dry up!!!
When I was little I didnt like to go to Mcdonalds because I thought if Ronald Mcdonald saw me he'd follow me home and, at night while I was asleep he would stuff me full of hamburgers - AND I HATED MEAT!
You know those dark spots that appear on toast when it's toasted more in some places than others? I used to think that those spots were poisonous and if I ate them, I would get really sick and die.
My sister would never eat shrimp as a kid. She always said they bit her toungue. She still won't eat them and she is now 30.
I used to believe that if I eat a lot of spicy food, I will spray fire when I talk.
My husbad used to believe that green candies gave him a headache. He will not eat them to this day.
When I was little, my mom told me that too much ice cream caused polio!
i used to think if i would eat spicy food i would burn and die
When I was a kid I was eating an apple and turned away for a second when my dad sneaked up and put scotch tape on the apple. I still believe till this day that there is tape inside apples.
In 5th grade my best friend told me if I ate mashed potatoes for a meal without eating anything else, i would shrink. Her dad was a doctor so I believed everything she told me. For years I was terrified to eat mashed potatoes at all.
When I was a young tyke my mom's friend took me to a pizza place to eat. The workers there were kneading the dough and, noticing my amazed interest at it, someone gave me a little ball of dough that I made into a little dough pizza. On the car ride home I played with that dough, and finally ate it. We lived in the mountains at the time, and my mom's friend told me that I shouldn't have eaten that, because dough expands at high altitude, and it would expand in my stomach and I would explode. I cried the rest of the way home until he finally admitted he had been joking.
my grandmother told me that eating bananas late at night would cause nightmares. I always would grab a banana for a late night snack, just lately I discovered that she didn't like them so she told me this so that I wouldn't eat them either. To think I've gone 20 some odd years avoiding bananas late at night.
My friend's mom was a doctor, and when I was little, he told me not to drink soda, specifically cola right after pouring it into a glass. He said the bubbles that form once you pour it into a glass cause cancer, and you need to let the soda rest before you drink it. This way, the bubbles/foam all die down, and the soda is safe to drink.
My mother turned me into the most paranoid freak when I was little. She would tell me not to eat those cherries on top of ice cream sundaes because the dye would give me cancer! I would always take the cherry off the top of the sundae, but the whipped cream on top would be dyed red from the cherry. I would eat the red whipped cream anyway, but I always thought I was going to die from it!
I lived with my grandparents growing up and my grandma loved to bake. Every time she would make cookies, i would sneak dough out of the bowl before she baked them. Whenever I got caught my grandpa would tell me not to eat it because a tapeworm would grow in my stomach and that my worm would move around in my stomach to try and get out. It didnt scare me enough to not eat the dough, but then I would lie down with my hand on my stomach trying to feel the worm moving
I used to believe the peppercorns in salami were poison -- because my dad told me so. I think I stopped picking them out when I was about 15.
In order to steal a bite of whatever I was eating, my dad used to tell me that he had to check and make sure my food wasn't poisoned. But if it was poisoned, my dad would die! I was so scared every time!
I loved to eat paper in about 2nd or 3rd grade. Then a kid told me the acid in the paper would destroy my heart. I believed him and spent many nights crying and praying for God to fix my heart. I worried for many years because I had eaten a lot of paper
One day on tv I saw a banana slug, after that I thought bananas were slugs, and I wouldn't eat then till years later. now I love them.
My mom had 4 kids, all relatively close in ages. She had her hands full, to say the least! My sister Pamela used to “sneak” slices of mozzarella cheese whenever my mom made her famous chicken parmesan. Four kids = eight arms! After one meal where half the chicken was cheese-less, my mom decided to use a ruse to keep my sister’s fingers off the table. She told her that mozzarella cheese was poisonous until cooked. My sister, being sneaky, didn’t want to admit she’d already eaten two slices and became very frightened! She stopped eating the cheese! The plan worked, and mom was free to cook and watch the two younger kids without having to haunt over my sister’s shoulder. But my sister never forgot… and everyone else did! The white lie was caught when my sister started telling her high school friends that they couldn’t eat Polly-O string cheese because it was poisonous ‘raw’. When Pam came home to tell Mom the embarrassing tale, everyone roared with laughter. We had all forgotten that day in the kitchen, except for my sister! She carried that fear of mozzarella cheese with her for well over ten years.