dangerous foodShow most recent or highest rated first.
page 7 of 29
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
when I was little, and my mum was sick, always asleep,
my brother hogged all the food, such as grapes and lettuce
saying that if i ate the grapes I would grow grape vines in my stomach. he said if I ate really green lettuce, (witch i later found was HIS favorite) I would turn into a giant grassshopper
and he would crush me I later told my mum when she got better,
and she told me differently oh well
Well, this isn't my belief but when my littler brother was about 6, i told him that if he ate Broad Beans they would take over his brain! Pretty cruel i know, but i was only 8 at the time and found it quite funny when he didnt eat them. He stopped eating them for 2 years! Before asking my mum if it was true that they did that.
I used to believe that if I put a banana peel on the floor and I stepped on it like in cartoons, that I would turn into a cartoon.
a girl at kindergarden told me whilst eating a carrot, if i ate the core i would die. i ate around the outside and threw away the core
I used to believe if you swallow gum, you'd die. I've never eaten gum since, but now its because I don't like it
My mother used to tell me not to chew on cough drops (probably to keep me from eating them like candy). Because of this, I came to the conclusion that they were poisonous, and biting or otherwise breaking them would release the poison. They were safe as long as they were sucked on until they either became so small as to be swallowed, or completely dissolved. I believed this until I was probably in my teens, when I accidentally bit into one and didn't die.
when I was in preschool our class had a st patricks day party and all the food was dyed green. someone told me that if I drank the green milk I'd turn into a leprechaun. Being the feisty lil rebel I was, I drank it anyways. A while later I started to think about the leprechaun thing and looked in the mirror. I noticed my ears were unusually pointy and became convinced they were right: I was a leprechaun!!!! It took me years to realize that my ears had been pointed forever, and it wasn't the symptoms of my descent into leprechaun-ness.
When I was little I had a love of playing with Play-Doh. I learned to read when I was two, so I always knew that it said "Non-Toxic" on the can. I was told by someone, my mom probably, that it meant that if you ate it it wasn't poisonous. I took that to mean that I could eat all I wanted.
As a child, I believed that one food touching another on my plate "contaminated" both and I would refuse to eat it. E.g., the meatloaf could not touch the potatoes or the corn, etc. Even with spaghettit and meatballs, the meatballs had to be on a separate plate and not touch the spaghetti. My VERY patient mother obliged me by serving me in separate small dishes, or at least in a compartmentalized plate to keep the risk of "contamination" to a minimum. (And don't even let me get started about how this complicated visits to a restaurant!) Years later, I was very surprised and humored to see that the TV character "Monk" has the same little food fetish! I guess I was a little OCD in my youth and didn't even know it.....
When I was little I somehow thought that Rice Krispies were Gremlins that when you ate them jumped into your ears and ate your brain. I also believed in a fairy at the bottom of the garden called Dingo.
My dad got me to stop licking out the inside of the microwave popcorn bags, not by telling me that it was unhealthy, but by telling me that it was coated with motor oil. Somehow, the popcorn was still ok to eat.........
I used to believe that if you ate more than 6 hotdogs per month, you will die..
Sushi had a Snorlax in it that would eat me.
As kids my Dad told us that if we ate the little squares in the waffles that our stomachs would blow up, so i remember thinking dad is always right cuz he is the smartest man in the world, so my brothers and sister would try to pick around the waffle squares so our stomachs wouldn't blow up.
I used to believe that hotdogs (as morbid as this is) were penises from dead men. I had a horrible fear of eating a hotdog.
I believed until I was 16, that I was allergic to cream.
My mum used to take us to the bakers, and when my sister and I asked for eclairs, she told us we couldn't have it becuase we were allergic to cream.
It was only when I was in my late teens, when I was at my italian friends house, having pasta in a creamy sauce, and I hadn't dropped down dead or had a reaction, that I realised my mum must have lied, so she didn't have to buy us cakes!
She denies it now - reckons I'm making it up!!
My parents told me when I was young that if i drank coffee my feet would turn black. Not sure if it's the reason, but I hate coffee today
I used to believe that I was allergic to rice. Every time I ate it, I spent five hours in the bathroom. Finally, I realized that I wasn't allergic to it, It just gave me constipations.
I still tell people that i'm allergic to rice.
My older brother once convinced me that the ice that sometimes forms in the fridge was poisonous, and that I would die in 24 hours if I ate it. This was directly after I'd eaten some.
I was in hysterics for, ooh, i dunno...about...24 hours?
The next day I went up to my brother and said "HAH, I'm NOT dead, you were WRONG!"
He laughed at me. Not the reaction I was looking for.
when i was 9 once a girl told me that what's the whole prepartion of bread.In one room a person goes and throuh his feet he mold all the needed flour.then onwards i have never eated bread.