dangerous foodShow most recent or highest rated first.
my husband is still convinced that the cornflakes he ate one morning for his breakfast caused him to have to have his appendix out later that day. he shudders if he sees our son eating them.
When I started first grade, the "big kids" (i.e., third graders) in the school cafeteria told me some kids had died from food poisoning after eating cafeteria food. I believed them and brought lunch in a lunchbox that whole year.
I used to believe that if I put a banana peel on the floor and I stepped on it like in cartoons, that I would turn into a cartoon.
I used to believe that serial killers where people that killed u while eating breakfast
when i was little i hated to eat animal cookies or anything i considered "cute". my brother then told me that when i ate them they would have a party in my stomach.
I thought that mustard gas was made from mustard (like the food) I also thought there was a such thing as ketchup gas which was even worse!
My friend's mum told him that raw peppers from the chopping board were poisonous and needed to be cooked before he could eat them. He believed this 'til he was 20 and I explained that I would not get ill after stealing the raw peppers from his curry ingredients.
my brother told me rice crispies were really fish eggs we gave to the goldfish. I never ate rice crispies.
I remember in first grade my favorite day was pizza day, except I would pick every little sead off before eating cause I didn't want pizza to "grow" in my stomache.
As a child I loved pepperoni. My dad told me that if I ate the skin on pepperoni my toes would turn red. I completely trusted he was telling me the truth and was very careful not to eat the skin.
My grandpa ,and in fact my whole family, would always tell each other that only people in our family could eat watermelons & drink beer at the same time, and everyone else exploded or somehow else die a horrible death. Watermelons & beer.. what great family reunions. I was afraid for their lives, and I admired their bravery. I only hoped that one day I could eat watermelon and drink beer simultaneously without dying as well. And I can.
my family is part polish and my grandmother would cook polish food a lot. most of it had cabbage in it, which i disliked as a child. my grandfather told me i should eat it because it would "put hair on my chest". i really thought i would start growing chest hair (im female) and firmly refused to eat it... his psychology didnt work very well.
i believed that carrots with milk was a deadly poison until i was 11.
When I was a kid my dad told me about mustard gas and I thought he was talking about real mustard, so whenever someone put mustard on something I held my breath
I used to believe that the yogurt that stuck underneath the lid was posionous because my dad told me to never eat it.
When I was growing up, my grandmother drilled the idea into my head that if I didn't rinse off the lid of a can of pop, I would get rat urine in my mouth and fall over dead.
When I was about 7 my friend's older sister told us that the inside part of a carrot was poisonous and if we ate it, we would die. I didn't believe her, but she said it was okay to eat if you ate it VERY slowly. After that I would nibble the outside part of the carrot and eat the inside part separately, very slowly, just in case.
A friend told me that his mother put turpentine in her baklava pastries(perhaps to keep me from eating them all?) and if I ate 3, the total amount of turpentine would kill me. I wasn't 100% convinced, so I only ate 2 1/2 of them. I still love baklava, but I won't eat 3 in a sitting for caloric reasons.
my folks used to tell me that "piggle sniggle" would come and get me if I didnt eat my veggies. I never ate my peas, I really wanted to see this guy/alien
When I was little, my mom told me that too much ice cream caused polio!